Internal Network Administrator
|Salary Range:||$26 hourly|
|Benefits:||Major Medical, Dental, 401K|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Company:||Inland Business Systems|
|Description:||Inland Business Systems is a subsidary of Xerox Corporation. We are Northern California's most advanced technology and services company specializing in Office Systems and Workflow Solutions. We partner with key industry leaders such as Xerox and Sharp. We're headquartered in Sacramento, CA and have branch offices in Chico and Redding, CA. We offer the Xerox technology with a local, personalized approach. Our decentralized management philosophy allows for very responsive customer service and support.|
Responsible for the administration of all aspects of the data/voice/video network infrastructure across all Inland Business Systems locations and connections to GIS parent. Performs network analysis activities and makes recommendations in areas that require a high-level of technical competency as well as a good understanding of the business. Combines project management approach, excellent communication skills, and a high-level of technical competency to provide a quality service to the business.
|Duties:||• Manages the setup and configuration new user desktop and laptop computers for all Inland locations.|
• Manages the setup and configuration of the Cisco phones and end users as well as the wireless cell phones and data cards.
• Provides daily support to end users with regards to software hardware printers etc. for all Inland locations.
• Assists IT Manager as a backup for the below responsibilities for all Inland locations.
• Effectively manages Microsoft active directory and Exchange mail server and terminal servers.
• Manages the DocuWare document management system.
• Manages the ADS and Soaring servers.
• Manages the windows OMD server.
•Effectively manages the operation and administration of the company’s local area networks including routers, switches, wireless access points, cabling plant, and local telecommunication lines (e.g. T1, DSL, POTS, etc.). Utilizes tools (e.g. SolarWinds NPM) to proactively monitor SANs, LANs, WAN and other telecommunication channels in order to maximize network efficiency.
• Documents the network topology in order to quickly access information needed to make purchases and diagnose problems.
• Implements and maintains network security so that business, partner data, and communications are secure.
• Assumes responsibility for the implementation, configuration and ongoing support of network hardware/firmware. Assesses when hardware and software need to be upgraded and makes appropriate recommendations for purchase.
• Provides technical direction and recommendations to IT staff and third party IT resources in the implementation of network components and in problem solving.
• Assists in developing user documentation and departmental policies and procedures that impact the use of the company’s network and VOIP system.
• Maintains knowledge of Xerox, GIS and Inland Business Systems policy, regulations and legal requirements that relate to purchase of equipment, security of data, and copyright laws.
Any other duties deemed necessary by management.
|Qualifications:||EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE |
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or 3+ years hands-on network administration experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. CCNA and/or MCSE preferred
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and the general public.
Intermediate Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Very High Skills: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have a strong working knowledge of common LAN and WAN technologies with SAN (EMC) and VOIP (Cisco) related technologies a plus. Individual should have experience using network monitoring tools with SolarWinds NPM a plus. Experience with Windows Server, Exchange, or VMWare is a plus. Individual should be comfortable using personal computers, Microsoft Windows, MS Office, and MS Outlook. Experience with project planning and management tools is a plus.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.